Monday, July 25, 2011

Lightening Strikes

I have been living in the Stone Ages since last Thursday night. And by Stone Ages I mean life without internet. :) On Thursday evening Aaron and I were home, minding our own business, when THE loudest thunder clap I have ever heard sounded above me and a massive CRACK boomed outside my window. I simply KNEW INSTANTLY that the house had been struck, it was THAT LOUD! I jumped off the couch and as I approached the window to the side yard I saw a GIANT branch hit the ground from the Poplar tree in the yard. This is no ordinary tree my friends. At a towering 70 feet, this is a "double tree". (No clue what the proper term is here) You know, its when two huge trunks stem from what appears to be one root system. So anyways, it fried the tree and the internet and we were without. What did we do to pass the time away from Facebook and Gmail?...

Reesor's dresser and initials that will go on the wall:


His crib with some clothes against the green wall:


Dad painting the wall:


Aaron painting the dresser:


That's right...Reesor's room is well underway thanks to my fantastic husband and amazing parents! As you know, baby making ladies can't be around strong fumes so Aaron and Dad painted the dresser and wall as well as set up the crib. Now all we need is the bedding, curtains, rocker, changing pad, diapers, wall decor, bottles, pacifiers, blankets, and o yeah...A BABY! Hip hip hurray for progress.

How's life as an incubator these days?...I'm doing just great. I'm a knitting, cleaning, constantly hot-flashing, waddle-walking machine! :) This uterus high-jacker kicks around the clock and with every kick I am grateful, SO grateful, to the Lord for a healthy baby and pregnancy. Here's to 16 more weeks of the same!

1 comment:

  1. "Uterus high-jacker" Haha! Love that. Can't wait for Reesor's arrival! (even if we wont be here for it. Boo!)

    ReplyDelete