Friday, June 29, 2012

Zoe the Politician

Should I feel guilty that I have never been inclined to read up on or study much about politics and current details of government decisions? I don't really FEEL guilty!?! I'm not THAT embarrassed!?! This is going to be laughable to some of you but ya know what...LAUGH AWAY! To sum up some of my favorite verses, without siting them, let me explain my political viewpoint: Christ lives in me, I have not been given a spirit of fear, the life I now live I live by faith, His plans for my life are of hope, now I see through a glass dimly but I will [sooner than later] know as I am known... SO, what does THAT mean Zoe? Whelp, since I'm not, shall we say, politically minded, nor do I understand the lingo of legislature and law (though I'm sure I could if I studied hard enough and researched long enough) I pray about things, do the minimal research that I feel necessary, and then go with my "gut" instinct. This post is coming at a time when we are surrounded by belly button opinions. What's a belly button opinion? Well.....opinions are like belly buttons, everybody's got one and they don't do much good! :) I'm NOT talking about the experts out there who's HOURS of studying qualify them to give truly educated and experienced opinions. I'm just talking about the average "zoe". Instead of arguing my minimally educated opinion with friends and family to no achievable end, all I'm going to say is that I have had a lump-in-the-throat feeling about our government and where its headed for a LONG time now. And yesterday's Supreme Court decision was no deviation from the growing elephant in the room. Sorry if this upsets all you Obama lovers but the moment I heard Obama's voice years ago the hairs on my intuition stood straight up and do so every time I see his face. He makes me uneasy. Its like my spirit throws up just a little every time I have to hear a speech or read about some new thing he's trying to pass. I can't explain it and I'm not sure I'm supposed to. Maybe you moms out there could compare it to a mother's intuition but come Nov......well, he ain't got my vote! And there you have it: the deep and meaningful political views of Zoe Das. :) I'm not ashamed to speak my truth in love and hopefully you can receive it as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment